Before you get games:
- Register for entry level referee class at GameOfficials
- Attend New Referee/Parent Meeting
- Sign into Arbiter and GameOfficials
- Have uniforms and supplies
- Commit to being at the field from 6:15p-8:30p (plus travel time)
- Attend & Participate in a new referee clinic
- Complete Risk Management
- Update Arbiter Availability and click "ready to be assigned"
Trainee Tracking Form:
All trainees will receive an email for you to "view" a google doc. This is the link you will use to obtain your specific trainee tracking sheet. You will be able to view the document at any time. Trainees will also receive on field feedback during the match debrief after the game. The mentor will fill out the form for you to have.
Trainee: To provide feedback about the mentor, please complete this form.
- You may use this link after every game.
- Please be honest. This is how we can make the mentors better. The better the mentor - the better you get!
The mentor program is based on a three tiered system. All new referees will be placed into tier one.
- Tier One: AR only, u-10 through 14 maybe u-16.
- Tier Two: B&C U10 Division 3man, Referee and any AR positions assigned.
- Tier Three: Any 10-12 Middles and All AR positions
Notifications of Progress:
- The Trainees will be notified immediately of their progress and advancement.
- Trainees can progress into the next level tier during a season
- Assignments will be based on what tier the trainee is currently in
- Promotions into the next tier will be based on mentor feedback, committee review, and Assessor's Development and Guidance forms.
Past trainees/mentor results:
- Current trainees (2016 new refs) history and experience will be evaluated during the first round of assignments.
- They will be placed into the appropriate tier to begin the 2017 season.
- U10 Assignor - Cathy Jaspe
- U11/12 Assignor - Steve Wu
- B&WNYJSL Lead assignor - John Kramer
- Mentor program coordinator - Stephanie Serrano
- For general questions, please contact us.
- Houses all mentor program google docs for trainees
- Email for new referees to contact
New Referee/Parent Meeting Presentation
New Referee Mentor Program Handout